Talking to your doctor
Your doctor needs to know about your rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and how they’re affecting your everyday activities. Knowing the right things to discuss can help provide your doctor with a more complete picture of your health.
Download the Doctor Discussion Guide
Here’s a helpful conversation starter. Fill out the Doctor Discussion Guide for SIMPONI ARIA® and bring it with you to discuss with your doctor at your next appointment.
Enter your ZIP code to find a rheumatologist:
Here are a few suggestions for your next appointment:
- write down your symptoms, the medications you’re taking, previous medical procedures, and your disease history. Share this with your doctor
- tell your doctor about the symptoms you’re experiencing and how they’ve been affecting you
- be very specific about your symptoms. If you have pain, describe how bad it is. If it hurts, say something
- let your doctor know about any symptoms that may have changed or appeared since your last visit
- don’t forget to talk to your doctor about your treatment goals and the types of activities you’d like to be able to resume as a result of your treatment